Surprise your family and friends with this crowd-pleaser. No one will ever know this is vegan!
500 g Macaroni or similar pasta
1 Medium yellow potato, peeled and diced
1 Medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 Small onion, peeled and chopped
1 Medium carrot, peeled and chopped
200 g Cauliflower (optional), diced
1 Cup water (from pot of boiling veggies)
1/2 Cup soaked cashew nuts
1/2 Cup coconut cream
3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp vegetable stock/ seasoning
1 Tbsp dairy free cheese flavour sauce mix (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper
Pinch of salt
Pinch of paprika
1. Cook pasta as instructed on the package, rain and set aside.
2. Bring a few cups of water to boil in a medium pot. When hot, add all the veggies. Cook until soft.
3. When veggies are soft, spoon them out with a slotted spoon and put them in a blender.
4. Add 1 Cup of water from the pot of veggie water into the blender.
5. Add the remaining ingredients apart from the paprika.
6. Blend until smooth and pour into a large mixing bowl or into pasta pot.
7. Mix the pasta and sauce together. Serve up and enjoy.
8. The macaroni could be transferred onto a baking dish , topped with breadcrumbs and baked until crumbs become golden.